Secondary School Counselor

Ann Marie Major, Secondary School Counselor
(806) 229-3021 ext. 221
Email the Counselor

Counseling Services Available

ACT/SAT school code:    446-820

LEARN, Inc - FAFSA Workshops &Financial Aid Assistance
2161 50th Street #115
Lubbock, TX


Local Scholarships:

Scholarship Opportunities:

College Readiness:

Selective Service System: Registration Information

It's fast. It's easy. It's free! To apply to any public university in Texas, plus some private and two-year schools,  click here.

Request an SPC Transcript for College Classes (click here)

When applying to another college or university, you must send in all transcripts.  For SHS, ask Mrs. Legan to send in a transcript.  For SPC, you must fill out their request form.  Sundown ISD cannot request the transcript. You as the student must do so.


The link above will take you to the SPC website.  Click on the TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM.  You will then fill in the page to request a transcript from SPC for your dual credit and/or online classes.  You will need to include the addresses of the colleges to have a transcript mailed directly from SPC.  Make a copy of your driver’s license.  Cut it out and then attach it to the page also.  Mrs. Legan will mail, email, or fax the request if you bring her the completed paperwork.    


If you request your transcript to be sent to numerous colleges/universities, not all of the information may fit in the box.  You may want to list the name of the institution and address on a different page.  Mrs. Legan will mail/fax/scan both pages in to SPC.


State mandated bacterial meningitis immunization documentation:  (SPC Vaccination or Exemption Form)
There is a New State Mandate as of January 1, 2012 that requires all entering students enrolling at a Texas College or University to provide proof that the meningitis vaccination was administered at least 10 days prior to the first day of the term. Vaccinations must have been received or renewed within the last 5 years.
Proof of vaccination must include the date of vaccination. Acceptable forms include:
  • an official immunization record,
  • an official school record or
  • a physician's note.