Ann Marie Majors, Secondary School Counselor
(806) 229-3021 ext. 221
Counseling Services Available
ACT/SAT school code: 446-820
LEARN, Inc - FAFSA Workshops &Financial Aid Assistance
2161 50th Street #115
COLLEGE FOR ALL TEXANS
Scholarship Essay Helpful Hints!
- ATPE Scholarship (deadline April 20, 2017)
- Booster Club Scholarship (deadline April 28, 2017)
- DWDMC Scholarship (deadline April 19, 2017)
- Kaitlyn Makenzie Garcia Memorial Scholarship (deadline April 18, 2017)
- Golden Spread Electric Cooperative Scholarship (deadline March 1, 2017)
- LaQuetta J. Henderson UIL Scholarship (deadline April 18, 2017)
- Gerald Don (Rip) Lasater Memorial Scholarship (deadline April 20, 2017)
- Lyntegar Electric Scholarship (deadline March 31, 2017)
- Masonic Lodge Scholarship (deadline May 1, 2017)
- Mike Motheral Scholarship of Excellence (deadline April 18, 2017)
- Mary Lynn Sherley Memorial Scholarship (deadline April 20, 2017)
- SPC Scholarship Applications (deadline February 1, 2017)
- Sunnie Davis Memorial Scholarship (deadline April 20, 2017)
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program (deadline June 12, 2017)
- Aspiring Nurse Scholarship (deadline June 30, 2017)
- B. Davis Scholarship (deadline May 22, 2017)
- Christensen & Hymas Scholarship (deadline August 1, 2017)
- Community Foundation of West Texas (deadline April 30, 2017)
- Delta Theta Chi (deadline )
- Dunco R.E. "Peck" Williams Tuition Scholarship
- GenTX First Generation Scholarship (deadline March 1, 2017 5pm)
- Hockley County VOICES Coalition (deadline April 1, 2017)
- Honors Graduation Scholarship (deadline April 16, 2017)
- Horse Sense 4th Annual Essay Contest (deadline June 22, 2017)
- Junior League of Lubbock Scholarship (deadline February 17, 2017)
- Khan Law Firm (deadline August 1, 2017)
- Texas Association of Community Schools:
- UIL TILF Scholarship Page 1 / Page 2 (deadline )
Selective Service System: Registration Information
It's fast. It's easy. It's free! To apply to any public university in Texas, plus some private and two-year schools, click here.
Request an SPC Transcript for College Classes (click here)
When applying to another college or university, you must send in all transcripts. For SHS, ask Mrs. Legan to send in a transcript. For SPC, you must fill out their request form. Sundown ISD cannot request the transcript. You as the student must do so.
The link above will take you to the SPC website. Click on the TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM. You will then fill in the page to request a transcript from SPC for your dual credit and/or online classes. You will need to include the addresses of the colleges to have a transcript mailed directly from SPC. Make a copy of your driver’s license. Cut it out and then attach it to the page also. Mrs. Legan will mail, email, or fax the request if you bring her the completed paperwork.
If you request your transcript to be sent to numerous colleges/universities, not all of the information may fit in the box. You may want to list the name of the institution and address on a different page. Mrs. Legan will mail/fax/scan both pages in to SPC.
State mandated bacterial meningitis immunization documentation: (SPC Vaccination or Exemption Form
There is a New State Mandate as of January 1, 2012 that requires all entering students enrolling at a Texas College or University to provide proof that the meningitis vaccination was administered at least 10 days prior to the first day of the term. Vaccinations must have been received or renewed within the last 5 years.
Proof of vaccination must include the date of vaccination. Acceptable forms include:
- an official immunization record,
- an official school record or
- a physician's note.